The Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative (CMEEC) is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as the Business Intelligence Developer within the Business Intelligence department. This individual will perform essential technical and business duties to identify, develop, implement, and support programmatic Business Intelligence solutions. The successful candidate will work as a critical member of a high level team to ensure the optimization of CMEEC’s business intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for design, architecture, and development of proprietary business applications.
- Design, develop & implement dashboards using advanced reporting functionality, including SQL and MicroStrategy
- Provide support for existing solutions and respond to data requests. Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business data for review and analysis
- Define and develop innovative solutions for automating everyday tasks
- Perform maintenance, expand functionality and improve performance of internal software processes and tools to support CMEEC business functions
- Anticipate and facilitate compatibility of current and future applications with CMEEC and external software and hardware upgrades
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, or purchased sources, on an automated basis
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information and provide technical and analytical support to internal and external users
- Bachelor Degree minimum, with preferred area of concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Science, Math, or Computer Science
- Strong mathematics skills; love modeling in Excel, including vlookup, sumifs, subtotal
- Ability to fluently communicate with management, co-workers, members, customers and other external resources
- Excellent visual, audio, written, oral, reading comprehension, interpreting, understanding and communication abilities
- Interest in and ability to learn every part of the business and to translate business needs into specific tools
- Ability to work with Business users and to translate their requests into possible solutions using the current BI platform
- Self-starting and ability to self-manage time and activities to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to perform advanced problem solving, decision making, troubleshooting, and analysis
- U.S. citizenship or appropriate visa
- Reside within seventy-five (75) miles of company office
- 3 + years hands-on experience in developing and deploying Enterprise BI / Reporting solutions
- Strong SQL programming skills. Solid understanding of relational structures, dimensional data modeling, Data Warehouse and BI techniques
- Hands on development within the MicroStrategy 9 environment, including utilizing Developer, Web, Mobile, Architect, and the SDK
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles or Electric Industry principles
The position is generally sedentary and requires that, on a continuous basis, one must sit at a desk for long periods of time in front of a computer screen; intermittently twist, bend or stretch to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and computer keyboard for prolonged periods on a daily basis. One must have the ability to lift, move or transport within an office environment up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful situation is necessary. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative is located in Norwich, Connecticut.
CMEEC offers challenging positions, competitive total compensation and comprehensive benefit plans to qualified candidates.
Please submit cover letter, resume and compensation requirements by April 30, 2015 to Human Resources, 30 Stott Avenue, Norwich, CT 06360 or email to email@example.com.
CMEEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other class protected by federal or state law.