The Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative (CMEEC) is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as the Staff Engineer for the Asset Management department. This individual will perform essential engineering, operations, and maintenance duties for the Asset Management department, which includes an ever-growing fleet of 25 electric generation sources and associated electric distribution and transmission equipment. The successful candidate will work as a critical member of a high level team to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable operations of CMEEC’s assets.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Management, the successful candidate will work closely with other department staff to:
- Perform engineering and analysis to help improve overall operational efficiency
- Perform advanced electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Perform plant and process optimization
- Plan and supervise predictive and preventative maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain performance reporting tools
- Manage various upgrades and new equipment projects
- Perform regulatory reporting and analysis
- Perform asset dispatch and operations
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer license or Engineer in Training certification preferred
- Experience in utility and/or engineering industries is highly desirable
- Experience with computer programming languages is highly desirable
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Self-starting and ability to self-manage time and activities to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to perform advanced problem solving, decision making, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Proficient skill and experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- U.S. citizenship or appropriate visa
- Reside within seventy-five (75) mile radius of company office
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Fluent in English language, with full visual, auditory, and olfactory senses, as well as ability to read, write, sit, stand, walk, climb, kneel, hand grasp and manipulate, and drive
The position routinely requires active mobility at decentralized facilities and also sedentary activities at office work stations, including but not limited to, independently driving to company facilities, walking, crawling, standing, climbing steps, ladders, and other elevation changes as required at each location, and sitting at work stations for long periods of time in front of a computer screen; intermittently twist, bend, or stretch to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and computer keyboard for prolonged periods on a daily basis. The ability to lift, move, or transport within the office or field environment up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful situation is necessary.
The Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative is located in Norwich, Connecticut.
CMEEC offers challenging positions, competitive total compensation and comprehensive benefit plans to qualified candidates.
Please submit cover letter, resume and compensation requirements by April 30, 2015 to Human Resources, 30 Stott Avenue, Norwich, CT 06360 or email to email@example.com.
CMEEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other class protected by federal or state law.